Friday, May 9, 2008

Really Short attention Span

This RSS (I've renamed it RSaS - see post title!) thing could get totally out of control. Once I'd subscribed to the suggested feeds, the SMH regional news feeds made me think of my hometown so I subscribed to the local news from the Border Morning Mail. I could've kept going but then I thought "I'm never gonna read all this stuff". I like the potential but recognising your time limitations is essential or you'll be just as overwhelmed by all the stuff coming into your inbox, yikes - just like email at work! I can see great potential for library catalogues notifying members of new books in particular categories or by particular authors or using library websites to notify of upcoming events. Excellent opportunities for marketing to our already captive audience. I think this Learning 2.0 thing is great, I'm just afraid I'm learning so much that it'll be ages before I catch on to all the potential of each of the applications, and by the time I do that there'll be more new applications that passed me by...

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I am glad you like rss (and I like your re-naming of it). Perhaps you could set up rss feeds for some technology alert areas (and you can always just delete them from time to time without major consequences).

Ellen (PLS)